Monday, January 21, 2008

Laidback Thanks Dr. King


I would be remiss if I did not take a moment to give thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. today. Today is the day that we commemorate his birthday and it reminds me of all of the dreams that I am realizing as a result of his commitment to equality. Not only does this holiday mark my 5 year anniversary of being self-employed. I resigned 5 years ago from working full-time when the company I was with denied me the use a vacation day to take my son to a commemorative event and insited that I attend a meeting (that never happened). I had been on the cusp of liberating myself from the company but that was the day that I had enough strength and determination to trust God and just roll out. It has been a long road, not always easy, but fruitful. That move also birthed the Laidback movement. Laidback would not have been a viable business during Dr. Kings time but thanks to his leading the fight along with many other brave men and women, Laidback exists today. I say thanks. Pleae don;'t just use this day to get laidbackbtu use is as a day of reflection and service. Do something for someone or start planning how to invoke change because their are so many areas that we need it. Spend some time praying for the man that we have in office now that he would not inflict anymore pain on the US and it's people or the Afghan people. Not to be all preachy but prayer changes things. Use today to spearhead some change and begin to actualize whatever dreams you have for your family , your community, and your life. Laidback will be at a commemorative service and working on a promotion to give back to the community. At the very least take a few moment and remember with this clip.

No comments: