Thursday, January 10, 2008

Busy, Busy Start to a Laidback Year



I promised this year I would do better at keeping everyone in the loop on what's going on at Laidback. It has been rough the past few days in a good way as I have been running about the big city working on projects, collaborations, boutique research, (yes there are plans for giving you an in store experience), and preparing new hotness to debut during the Gift Fair and the Home Fashions market. So bear with me for a few weeks as I post a bit sparsely until I get some of the projects underway. One of the boutiques that inspired me the most as I walked about this week from one meeting to the next is Kid Robot. The colors, the boldness of the graphics and the playfulness of the place appeal to the Laidback aesthetic. I have also been shopping a new office/studio space as well and was pleasantly surprised to find some great things going on in the burgeoning Sobro (S. Bronx) area. Before your head rolls and the teeth gnashing begins about the Boogie Down their is a lot going on and some great artist breaking out uptown, not too mention the BX birthed Hip Hop, so show some love. For real though, I fell in love with a space on 137, which is about 15 minutes from midtown in a very up and coming area. So prayerfully you guys will be able to come visit the studio very soon. In the words of Tim Gun I gotta "Make it Work"

No comments: