Monday, March 12, 2007

Laidback Library



Let's take a trip to the library and see what inspires laidback. laidback is inspired by the streets, with a high regard for hip hop. Before laidback could even come at you we had to get our game tight which means keeping our minds right so we studied "Think and Grow Rich A Black Choice" by Dennis Kimbro, I told you guys how hype I was too meet him last month. "How to Be A Guide to Contemporary Living for African Americans" by Harriet Cole who is now heading it up over at Ebony magazine is a muct read for proper decorum. Now for design inspiration I run to Martha Coopers' Hip Hop Files and Subway Art, as well as Sneaker Freaker, the book and the site. I have collected and read so many books and want so many more, that I think at some point I am going to add an amazon book store to the site with my picks, because there are so many more like Tricia Guild Pattern: Using Pattern to Create Sophisticated, Show Stopping Interiors, and Marimekko: Fabrics, Fashion, Architecture, these two books are great resources for color and pattern, while the pattern itself might not be your style the layouts and the color usage and graphics is bananas! Like I said there is so much more, later this week I will also hit you with some of the best magazines that inspire from all over the world that inspire laidback. While kickin back stylishly, chilling at the pad bedecked in laidback, don't just be stylish, read style.

No comments: