Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Harlem does Project Runway



I cant even begin to say how hype I am about the next season of Project Runway. While Liadback does not endorse the majority of reality tv, I absolutely love PR. It encourages me and makes me step up my design game every time I watch it. Now I have known people from past seasons, but nobody quite as fab as Carmen of Sistahs of Harlem.
I actually met Carmen earlier this year when she spoke on a panel about Harlem and fashion. We immediately vibed and talked about the state of our youth and our responsibility to them. She is very smart and innovative and quite a talent. I look forward to this season and the exposure that this will bring her and Carmia, her business partner.

2 comments:

Sha'Nina said...

YES!!! I have enjoyed every season...but I am SO HYPE about this one.
By the way, I LOVE your vibe. Your wares are AWESOME! I'm gonna have to hook it up...

Laidback Chick said...

Thanks, Sha'nina, we will will all be checking it out together. I'm glad you like it, and I am excited about everyone checking out the new pieces in Nov.